Title: TIP OF THE SPEAR, a new military first person shooter, arrives today on Early Access!
Atlanta, December 18, 2019 – Red Jake Studio’s military first person shooter Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite arrives today on Steam Early Access. Tip of the Spear’s release arrives shortly after being selected as a pick for DreamHack Anaheim’s 2020 Indie Rumble.
“Tip of the Spear’s gameplay is inspired by the team’s favorite military FPS games from the late 1990s and early 2000s,” states producer Ryan Roberts. “Combining old-school FPS mechanics with realistic ballistics creates a distinct blend of gameplay that’s different from anything else on the market today. As gamers, it fills a void we’ve had for years.”
With the core gameplay mechanics in place, the team plans to focus on delivering a steady stream of free content and features. Top priorities on the team’s 2020 roadmap include AI opponents (bots), new maps, clan support, competitive matchmaking, leaderboards, and a level editor.
The Early Access release launches with two game modes and five maps, with new content to be regularly released over the course of Early Access.
Early Access Launch Features:
- Five maps: urban warfare and terrain-based combat on maps up to 16 sq. km
- Two game modes: Team King of the Hill and Team Deathmatch, featuring progressive spawn points
- Crafted in Unreal Engine 4, featuring Quixel megascans
- Gameplay inspired by old school military first person shooters from the late 1990s and early 2000s
- Realistic ballistics: adjust your sniper rifle’s elevation, factor for bullet drop, and hit targets from over a mile away.
- Cosmetic-only DLC: no pay to win and no gated content to keep the community together
- Free game modes, maps, weapons, and features in development